Venture 2018 is a £26k new business idea competition for University of Dundee Students, Staff and Recent Graduates (graduated last 2 years) with 7 prize fund categories. Additionally to the prize money on offer there will be 10 Memberships for the 'Emerging Tier' category of the Entrepreneurial Scotland network on offer. Winners will also be offered a place on the 3-month summer cohort of Elevator's Dundee accelerator programme.
Stage 1 - SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Closing Date Now Passed - Please register to attend the Venture 2018 Final
University of Dundee Student Awards
- Undergraduate Student Award (Early Stage idea (not in final year of undergraduate study)) - £2,500 prize fund sponsored by Business Gateway and Centre of Entrepreneurship
- School of Business Student Award (Any School of Business student currently studying or who graduated within the last 2 years) - £2,500 prize fund sponsored by University of Dundee, School of Business
- Undergraduate Student Award (Graduating Summer 2018) - £2,500 prize fund sponsored by Centre of Entrepreneurship
- Postgraduate Student Award (Currently studying (recent graduates from postgraduate study should apply for the 'Recent Graduate Award below')) - £5,000 prize fund sponsored by James Keiller Investments
University of Dundee Staff/Recent Graduate
- Recent Graduate Award (Graduation date within last 2 years) - £2,500 prize fund sponsored by Elevator
- Staff Award (Non-University of Dundee Research Related Idea) - £5,000 prize fund sponsored by Elevator and Organisational and Professional Development
- Staff Award (University of Dundee Research Related Idea) - £6,000 prize fund sponsored by Research and Innovation Services, University of Dundee, School of Business and Organisational and Professional Development
STAGE 2 - SUBMISSION OF VENTURE PROPOSAL FORM
Finalists for each category will be notified of their selection by Friday 9th February 2018 before 17:00 and the list of Finalists will be published on the Venture website.
The Finalists for each prize category will then be required to submit a completed Venture 2018 Stage 2 Proposal Form by email by the deadline of Tuesday 20th February 2018 before 17:00. Late submissions will not be accepted.
STAGE 3 - LIVE PITCHING FINAL/PRIZE GIVING
The External Judging Panel will assess the Finalists at the Live Venture Competition Pitching Final (a climax to Entrepreneurship Week 2018) on Friday 23rd February 2018 based on their previously submitted Venture Competition Proposal Form and the Finalist’s 3-minute live public pitch (with 5 minutes Q&A) on stage.
Assessment of the Finalists by the External Judging Panel will be based on the Venture 2018 Judging Criteria as published on the Competition Website.