Venture 2019 Winners can be found here.
Venture 2019 was a £27,500 new business idea competition for University of Dundee Students, Staff and Recent Graduates (graduated last 2 years) with 8 prize fund categories. Additionally to the prize money on offer there was 10 Memberships for the 'Emerging Tier' category of the Entrepreneurial Scotland network on offer. Winners were offered a place on the 3-month summer cohort of Elevator's Dundee accelerator programme. There were also three iPad's awarded to the best pitches as voted by the audience on the day.
Stage 1 - Submission of Online Application Form
University of Dundee Student Awards
- Undergraduate Student Award - £2,000 prize fund sponsored by Business Gateway and Centre of Entrepreneurship
- School of Business Student Award (Any School of Business student currently studying or graduated last 2 years) - £2,500 prize fund sponsored by University of Dundee School of Business
- School of Art and Design Student Award (currently studying) - £2,500 prize fund sponsored by University of Dundee School of Art and Design
- School of Science and Engineering Student Award (currently studying) - £3,000 prize fund sponsored by Engineers In Business
- Postgraduate Student Award (Currently studying or graduated within past two years) - £3,000 prize fund sponsored by James Keiller Investments and Centre of Entrepreneurship
University of Dundee Staff/Recent Graduate
- Recent Graduate Award (Graduation date within last 2 years) - £3,000 prize fund sponsored by Elevator and Centre of Entrepreneurship
- Staff Award (Non-University of Dundee Research Related Idea) - £4,000 prize fund sponsored by Elevator and Centre of Entrepreneurship
- Staff Award (University of Dundee Research Related Idea) - £7,500 prize fund sponsored by Research and Innovation Services, University of Dundee, School of Business and Organisational and Professional Development
Stage 1 applications are now closed for applications
Stage 2 - Submission of Proposal Form
Finalists for each category will be notified of their selection by Friday 8th February 2019 before 17:00 and the list of Finalists will be published on the Venture website.
A pitching and proposal session will be held at the Centre of Entrepreneurship on Monday 18th February for finalists.
The Finalists for each prize category will then be required to submit a completed Venture Stage 2019 Stage 2 Proposal Form by email by the deadline of Monday 25th February 2019 before 12 noon. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Stage 3 - Live Pitching Final/Prize-Giving
The External Judging Panel will assess the Finalists at the Live Venture Competition Pitching Final (a climax to Entrepreneurship Week) on Friday 1st March 2019 based on their previously submitted Venture Competition Proposal Form and the Finalist’s 3-minute live public pitch (with 5 minutes Q&A) on stage. Secure your free tickets to this event and other Entrepreneruship Week events here.