Venture 2019 is a £27,500 new business idea competition for University of Dundee Students, Staff and Recent Graduates (graduated last 2 years) with 7 prize fund categories. Additionally to the prize money on offer there will be 10 Memberships for the 'Emerging Tier' category of the Entrepreneurial Scotland network on offer. Winners will be offered a place on the 3-month summer cohort of Elevator's Dundee accelerator programme. There will also be two iPad's awarded to the best pitches as voted by the audience on the day.
Stage 1 - Submission of Online Application Form
University of Dundee Student Awards
- Undergraduate Student Award - £2,000 prize fund sponsored by Business Gateway and Centre of Entrepreneurship
- School of Business Student Award (Any School of Business student currently studying or graduated last 2 years) - £2,500 prize fund sponsored by University of Dundee School of Business
- School of Art and Design Student Award (currently studying) - £2,500 prize fund sponsored by University of Dundee School of Art and Design
- School of Science and Engineering Student Award (currently studying) - £3,000 prize fund sponsored by Engineers In Business
- Postgraduate Student Award (Currently studying (recent graduates from postgraduate study should apply for the 'Recent Graduate Award below')) - £3,000 prize fund sponsored by James Keiller Investments and Centre of Entrepreneurship
University of Dundee Staff/Recent Graduate
- Recent Graduate Award (Graduation date within last 2 years) - £3,000 prize fund sponsored by Elevator and Centre of Entrepreneurship
- Staff Award (Non-University of Dundee Research Related Idea) - £4,000 prize fund sponsored by Elevator and Centre of Entrepreneurship
- Staff Award (University of Dundee Research Related Idea) - £7,500 prize fund sponsored by Research and Innovation Services, University of Dundee, School of Business and Organisational and Professional Development
Stage 2 - Submission of Proposal Form
Finalists for each category will be notified of their selection by Friday 8th February 2019 before 17:00 and the list of Finalists will be published on the Venture website.
A drop-in session will be held at the Centre of Entrepreneurship on 23 January for advise and guidance in completing your Venture application. More information can be found here: https://www.dundee.ac.uk/entrepreneurship/events/
The Finalists for each prize category will then be required to submit a completed Venture Stage 2019 Stage 2 Proposal Form by email by the deadline of Thursday 21st February 2019 before 12 noon. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Stage 3 - Live Pitching Final/Prize-Giving
The External Judging Panel will assess the Finalists at the Live Venture Competition Pitching Final (a climax to Entrepreneurship Week) on Friday 1st March 2019 based on their previously submitted Venture Competition Proposal Form and the Finalist’s 3-minute live public pitch (with 5 minutes Q&A) on stage.
Assessment of the Finalists by the External Judging Panel will be based on the Venture 2019 Judging Criteria as published on the Competition Website.