Venture 2020 finalists, schedule and tickets for the final on Thurs 27th Feb can be found here.
Venture 2020 is a £28,500 new business idea competition for all University of Dundee Students, Staff and Recent Graduates across 6 prize fund categories and a discretionary fund that can be awarded to any finalist based on their performance at the Venture final. Additional to the prize money on offer there will be 10 memberships for Entrepreneurial Scotland's network on offer. Winners will be offered a place on the 3-month summer cohort of Elevator's Dundee accelerator programme. There will also be two iPad's awarded to the best pitches as voted by the public audience on the day.
Stage 1 - Submission of Online Application Form
University of Dundee Student Awards
- School of Art and Design Student Award - £2,500 prize fund sponsored by University of Dundee School of Art and Design
- School of Science and Engineering Student Award (Any School of Science and Engineering student currently studying or who graduated within the last 5 years) - £5,000 prize fund sponsored by University of Dundee School of Science and Engineering and Engineers In Business Fellowship
- Student Award (for all other schools: Business, Dentistry, Education and Social Work, Humanities, Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences or Social Sciences) - £3,000 prize fund sponsored by sponsored by Business Gateway and Centre for Entrepreneurship
University of Dundee Staff/Recent Graduate
- Recent Graduate Award (Graduation date within last 2 years - Science and Engineering graduates (last 5 years) should apply to student category above) - £3,000 prize fund sponsored by James Keiller Investments
- Staff Award (University of Dundee research related or non-research idea) - £10,000 prize fund sponsored by University of Dundee Life Sciences, Organisational and Professional Development, University of Dundee School of Science and Engineering and Centre for Entrepreneurship
Further to the prize fund categories above the the external judging panel at the Venture 2020 final will have an additional and discretionary fund of £5,000 sponsored by DC Thomson and Elevator to award to finalists across the categories - decided at the final - bringing the total prize funding for the competition to £28,500.
Stage 1 applications are now closed for applications
Stage 2 - Submission of Proposal Form
Finalists for each category will be notified of their selection on Friday 7th February 2020 before 7pm and the list of Finalists will be published on the Venture website.
The Finalists for each prize category will then be required to submit a completed Venture 2020 Stage 2 Proposal Form over email as PDF by the deadline of Thursday 20th February 2020 before 12 noon. Late submissions will not be accepted.
A workshop will be held at the Centre for Entrepreneurship on Thursday 13th February for advice and guidance in completing the proposal form - details of this workshop will be provided over email upon successfully progression to Stage 2.
Stage 3 - Live Pitching Final/Prize-Giving
The External Judging Panel will assess the Finalists at the Live Venture Competition Pitching Final (a climax to Entrepreneurship Week) on Thursday 27th February 2020 based on their previously submitted Venture Competition Proposal Form and the Finalist’s 3-minute live public pitch (5 PPT slides available) and 5 minutes Q&A on stage.
Assessment of the Finalists by the External Judging Panel will be based on the Venture 2020 Judging Criteria as published on the Competition Website.