- #UoDEntWeek2017 - £25k Venture 2017 Final with Mark Beaumont and Cally Russell
The Venture 2017 Final promises to be an exciting day within the University of Dundee and indeed the city's calendar being the final event in both the UoD Entrepreneurship Week and Dundee Business Week. You can register for the final HERE. We also have lot's of other events taking place that week in our Entrepreneurship Week 2017.
The Venture 2017 final is a FREE event open to all of our students, staff, alumni and the general public. If you have a startup idea you are exploring, an interest in business or simply want to cheer on the finalists who will be pitching live on stage in the afternoon for a share of the £25,000 prize fund, this day is for you! By registering today you will secure your FREE ticket to:
- Hear from high-profile entrepreneurial speakers including Cally Russell of the hugely successful Mallzee and our own rector the inspirational around the world cyclist Mark Beaumont
- Take part in cutting-edge business workshops on design-led innovation, game design & creativity, self promotion/networking and social enterprise.
- Have ample networking opportunities with businesses, investors and academics
- Speak to the 16+ various business support organisations within our exhibition
- Find out more about the new Centre of Entrepreneurship that is being established for Dundee City in partnership with Elevator UK
- Watch our Staff, Students and Alumni pitch live on stage
Venture 2017 Final - Agenda - Friday 24th February 2017, Dalhousie Building, University of Dundee
10am – Registration
10.30am - Workshop 1 (Choice of 2):
- 'An Introduction to Design-led business innovation' - Alasdair McGill, founder, Ashton McGill
- 'Social Enterprise: People, Profit and Pay-off' - Kirsty Thomson, Founder/Managing Director, ACK & Founder & CEO The Circle,
11.30am - COFFEE BREAK, Networking/Exhibition
12noon - Workshop 2 (Choice of 2):
- 'The Power of Netowrking and Self Promotion' - Andy Campbell, Accelerator Manager: Dundee, Elevator UK
- 'Play, Jam & Collaboration' - Malath Abbas, Biome Collective
1pm - Lunch – Sponsored by UoD OPD
2.10pm – Brian McNicoll, CoE, Introduction to Afternoon
2.15pm - Live Pitching Part I - Student Award Categories
3.25pm - Audience Vote Best Pitch – iPad Air, Sponsored by UoD CoE
3.30pm - Coffee break
3.50pm - Keynote Speaker with Q&A - Cally Russell, Founder & CEO, Mallzee
4.20pm - Live Pitching Part II - Alumni and Staff Award Categories
5.40pm - Audience Vote Best Pitch – iPad Air, Sponsored by Converge Challenge
5.45pm - Comfort Break
5.50pm - Keynote Speaker with Q&A - Mark Beaumont, UoD Rector, Athlete, Broadcaster, Ambassador
6.20pm - Entrepreneurial Scotland - Sarah Mathieson, Membership Director
6.25pm - Judges Overview/Feedback
6.30pm - Prize Giving/Announcements - Professor Sir Pete Downes, Cally Russell & Mark Beaumont
6.40pm – Closing Remarks
6.45pm – Wine Reception
8pm - Ends.
Once more you can register for the final HERE.
The week of events is being held to coincide with Dundee Business Week supporting businesses, enterprise and entrepreneurship across the city.