- #UoDEntWeek2017 - Scottish Edge 2017 Application Workshop
Win up to £150,000 for your Business
As part of the University of Dundee's Entrepreneurship Week 2017 we are dlighted to host a Scottish EDGE workshop. Scottish EDGE is a competition aimed at identifying and supporting Scotland’s up-and-coming, innovative, high-growth potential entrepreneurial talent.
Step one to apply for the competition is a video pitch.
Come along to Dundee University on Wednesday 22nd February 2017 to hear from the Teams at Elevator and Scottish EDGE Fund about how to master your perfect pitch and instructions on how to progress your application for Scottish EDGE. Open to: General Public, UoD Students, Staff, Recent Graduates.
Scottish EDGE is made up of four categories:
• Scottish EDGE, for companies of all sectors and stages;
• Higgs EDGE, a special technology award aimed at entrepreneurs who have an engineering, science or technology based business and have a product, or product under development, which is scalable and capable of globalisation;
• Young EDGE, for companies where all directors are under the age of 30; and
• WildCard EDGE, for companies who are currently pre-trading.
Scottish EDGE is a competition aimed at identifying and supporting Scotland’s up-and-coming, innovative, high-growth potential entrepreneurial talent.
The Young EDGE and Wild Card EDGE categories are now open to sole traders and partnerships!
Scottish EDGE Round 10 Key Dates:
• 1st February 2017 - Application window opens
• 8th March 2017 – Application window closes at 14.00 (2.00pm)
• 27th March 2017 to 12th April 2017 – 1st Stage Assessments undertaken
• 3rd May 2017 – Wild Card EDGE Final
• 8th, 9th, 10th May 2017 – Scottish EDGE Semi Finals
• 15th May 2016 – Young EDGE Final
• 24th May 2017 – Higgs EDGE Final (TBC)
• Thursday 22nd June 2017 – Scottish EDGE Final
Andy Campbell (Elevator's Accelerator Manager - Dundee) welcomes with overview of Elevator, experiences of judging and session on making the video pitch and what to include 1000 – 1045
Past winner experience 1045 – 1100
Steven Hamill from the Scottish EDGE Fund gives technical details about the Scottish EDGE fund 1100 – 1120
Q&A 1120 – 1140
Network and close 1140 – 1200
The week of events is being held to coincide with Dundee Business Week supporting businesses, enterprise and entrepreneurship across the city.