Support for applicants and enquirers
Information and guidance for students commencing their studies in September 2020 at the University of Dundee
We look forward to welcoming all our students, new and returning, for the start of the academic year, which for most students will begin on Monday 5 October 2020.
Our Student Services team are working on a full programme of activities for Welcome Week, which starts on Saturday 26 September 2020, and we will share details of those over the summer.
We will do everything to ensure there is a safe environment for our staff and students. We are introducing various measures to ensure safe teaching methods and accommodation while at the same time providing high quality teaching, opportunity for safe social interaction, and access to healthcare.
Arrival and accommodation
- If you have firmly accepted University accommodation for academic year 2020/21 starting 26 September and need to self-isolate on arrival, we will provide safe University accommodation free of charge for the self-isolate period before semester starts (from 12 September) and will make sure you have access to food deliveries.
- All our student residences are single-occupancy with en-suite bathrooms and we will carefully manage our accommodation to ensure that you are as safe as possible while living there.
- If you do become ill while you are in Dundee, the University has a student health service to provide advice, assistance and support to you. NHS Tayside provides access to local healthcare, doctors and hospital treatment if required.
- Closer to the start of semester we will advise the best connections from your port of entry into UK to the University, and how we will support you with those.
- We plan to offer courses wherever possible in a blended mixture of online and face-to-face teaching, to allow for the greatest flexibility in student learning depending on what public health guidelines are in place.
- As government advice allows we will increase the level of face-to-face teaching, as quickly and as far as possible.
- Our approach is guided by the intention to maintain the outstanding student experience for which Dundee has long been recognised.
Protecting our people
- Hand sanitisers will be available at the entrance to all buildings.
- Face masks will be available at various key locations around campus.
- All University buildings will continue to undergo regular and thorough cleaning.
- New signage is being put in place to support safe movement around buildings and to maintain the correct physical distance.