Welcome to the webpages of the Public Engagement team at the University of Dundee. Jon and Shabnam advise and support all staff and students in their public engagement and community engagement activity.
We work with staff and students from all Schools and Directorates. We recognise the importance of sharing and involving others in our research, cultural engagement and scholarship. The University's commitment to public engagement is demonstrated in our Public Engagement Strategy which sets out how we support our staff and student to engage with audiences, communities and organisations.
Throughout the year we run regular events such as Discovery Days, Bright Club, Dundee Arts Café and Café Science Dundee, to showcase the University's success stories. We provide advice and training for academic staff looking to engage with public audiences, and lead the University’s community engagement programme with local partners.
There are many different ways that you can engage with non-specialist audiences. These include working with partners, communities, and schools, and involving the public in your research project - known as Engaged Research.
We support public engagement by
- Leading on work embedding public engagement across the University.
- Working with local partners and communities to assess need, and increasing engagement with local communities.
- Enhancing professional development through training.
- Communicating and sharing our public engagement successes.
- Co-ordinating and promoting events.
The University is proud to be a signatory of the Manifesto for Public Engagement