UNIVERSITY OF DUNDEE
EARLY DISPUTE RESOLUTION (EDR) GROUP
A third special workshop-based meeting of the Group will be held on Thursday 28 January 2010 in River Room 2 at 4pm
I'm delighted to be able to welcome Aileen Riddell to out 3rd workshop. Aileen has kindly agreed to facilitate a discussion session at the end of the business on "How small things can make a difference in mediation" and share with us some of her own experiences.
Members of the larger edr Group are very welcome to stay on for this informal brainstorming and discussion
Mrs F O'Donnell, Convener
21 January 2010
The Workshop Aim as before is to: expand the development of the EDR Toolkit content based on the experience gained from the operation, to date, under the 'Dundee edr model'.
The Group are asked:
- to formally approve the membership of David Bleiman as an honorary external member of the edr Group as per our previous email correspondence last year.
- to approve the minute of 1 September 2009. (First workshop meeting of 6 May 2009 attached for completeness).
- to note that summaries of conference "the Value of Resolving Disputes" which took place on 10 November 2009 are now being updated to out edr website and will be live by 28 January.
- to consider previously circulated paper: for the coffee break quiz for the collaborative launch with Marshall ACM
- to further consider how the Group wish to use the 2010 dates below to complete consideration of the toolkit, to further professional development and to progress its original strategy document
28 January 2010 at 4pm - Strategy Group - Review of coffee break taster for edr awareness raising and discussion on "the small things which make a difference in a mediation" (invitee: Aileen Riddell)
11 March 2010 at 4pm - Practitioners' Group - "Pressurised situations and different ways to explore these" (invitee: Charlie Irvine)
22 April 2010 at 4pm - Practitioners' Group - "The use of generic feedback and reflection" (invitee: Ewan Malcolm)
3 June 2010 at 4pm - Strategy Group - (invitee: Bob Ballantyne)
15 July 2010 at 4pm - Practitioners' Group - "Coaching experiences at the University of Dundee and boundaries for mediators" (invitee: Terry Vickers)
26 August 2010 at 4pm - Practitioners' Group (Group mediations and approaches)
9 September 2010 at 4pm - Practitioners' Group
21 October 2010 at 4pm - Strategy Group
2 December 2010 at 4pm - Practitioners' Group
- Discussion session on the small things that make a difference