- the development of institutional mediation related policy and procedures for the HE/FE sector through the sharing of existing good practice;
- facilitating consideration of the establishment of 'in-house' teams with expertise in mediation skills and to also consider the potential for the inter-institutional exchange of 'in-house' mediators;
- sharing across the HE/FE sector, the development and provision of mediation related training opportunities and support documentation; and
- wider sharing of experience and development of links with other similar mediation related networks across the UK including the Scottish Mediation Network.
The Scottish Mediation Network has assumed responsibility for the management of the Forum from January 2019. An event to mark the handover of responsibility for the Forum from Dundee University to the Scottish Mediation Network was held on Tuesday 22 January 2019 at the Network's headquarters in York Place, Edinburgh. Further details of this event are available from this link at EDR Scottish Mediation Network Event.
Other Useful Information and Links
- IDRAS Workshop on 3 November 2014 - Designing the perfect policy for those difficult student cases
- * FE Conflict Prevention Skills Research from Catalyst Mediation - as mentioned
- * Institute for Research into Organisations, Work and Employment (iROWE) Newsletter April 2013
- Early cite for the Personnel Review journal: Tony Bennett 'The role of workplace mediation: A critical assessment' (2014) Personnel Review, Vol. 43 Iss: 5
- Article written for the PMA competition on being an internal mediator
- Institute for Research into Organisations, Work and Employment