About Disability Services
We are a team of friendly, professional staff with expertise in providing a wide range of confidential, specialist services for disabled students and staff. All of our staff have relevant qualifications and experience for their role and all undertake regular professional development. Find out more about our staff on our staff details page.
What do we do?
- Provide a range of confidential services for disabled students and staff, including those with physical and sensory impairments, medical conditions, mental health difficulties and specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia.
- Provide specialist information and advice to all University staff, including identifying reasonable adjustments to meet the needs of disabled people.
- Liaise closely with all Academic Schools and Student and Academic Support Services across the University.
- Provide training opportunities for all staff to raise awareness of disability issues and to support staff in providing an inclusive learning and working environment.
- Develop disability-related guidance and policy, including procedures for handling disability disclosure.
- Advise the University of its responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010) and related legal and quality assurance requirements.
Please browse our website for details of all of our services. Further information on the work of Disability Services, including feedback from disabled students, staff and other service users, is also available in our Annual Reports.