Peter is a Partner with Orrick and advises oil and gas companies worldwide on upstream and midstream transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, LNG project development and operational procurement and contracting.
He has worked on upstream and midstream oil and gas projects around the world for more than 25 years.
A former chairman of the International Bar Association’s Oil and Gas Law Committee, Peter has also authored six leading industry textbooks:
- A Dictionary of Oil and Gas Industry Terms, OUP (2018)
- Gas and LNG Sales and Transportation Agreements, Sweet & Maxwell (2017)
- The AIPN JOA Guide, Globe (2018)
- English Law and Petroleum Contracts, OUP (2016)
- Joint Operating Agreements, Globe (2015)
Peter has contributed to several other books, edits the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN) Journal of World Energy Law and Business, and is a representative on several oil and gas law university faculties.
He was previously the General Counsel for a UK energy company and has worked for other leading international law firms in London, Hong Kong and Singapore.