Community Rights and Expectations in Natural Resource Development
Directed by Luke Danielson
The programme for this workshop will include both exercises designed to illustrate practical problems and suggest solutions, and understanding of the rapidly evolving legal framework in these areas:
- The growth of the community role in major natural resource projects over recent decades
- The evolution of the consultation requirement, EIA and SEIA
- Asymmetry in capacity of parties to the process
- Community foundations as a means of capturing sustainable benefits
- Impact/Benefit Agreements, Community Development Agreements: what do these look like, and how are they negotiated?
- Community co-ownership of projects
- Special issues of indigenous and tribal communities
- Human rights considerations
- Simulated negotiation exercise
- Emerging models for sustainable development of resources: how can we do this better?
Discounts may be available for early, multiple and/or repeat bookings.
If you are unable to pay by credit/debit card to continue with registration please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for an invoice to be sent.