PhD Studentships available for CEPMLP and other disciplines within School of Social Sciences
Published On Wed 6 Feb 2019
The School of Social Sciences is pleased to announce 3 fully-funded studentships across the following disciplines:
- Accounting & Finance
- Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy
- Economic Studies
- Environmental Science
- International Relations
- Management and Marketing
- Urban Planning
Within the School, our Institute of Social Science Research (ISSR) fosters interdisciplinary research.
The ISSR themes are:
- Health and wellbeing
- Social justice and social change
- Governance, policy and regulation
- Innovation in methods and data analytics
- We are one of the World's Top universities, according to Times Higher Education.
- We are one of the UK's top 30 universities. We rank highly for student experience and graduate employment, making Dundee one of the best places to study in the United Kingdom.
- We are also ranked among Europe's most innovative universities, coming top in The Times/Sunday Times University Guide 2019 and The Guardian University Guide 2019. We are also in the top five among Reuters' ‘Most Innovative Universities'.
What does the studentship include?
The studentship is open for home and overseas applicants on a full-time basis only and includes:
- Full home/EU rate* tuition fees for 3 years
- Annual stipend of £14,777 (increases annually in line with ESRC rates)
- £500 per annum student travel allowance
- £750 per annum training allowance
The award of a studentship will be based on a competitive selection process and its renewal for each subsequent year over the three-year course of study will be strictly subject to satisfactory progress.
* Overseas applicants are welcome to apply, but will be required to pay the difference between the home/EU rate and the overseas rate.
How do I apply?
For an application form, please email
You will also need a letter of support from a member of staff who is willing to supervise your PhD studies. You can explore the range of staff research interests by looking on our website: https://www.dundee.ac.uk/social-sciences/research/
If you need further information about who might be a suitable supervisor, please email the PhD Office at the address above and they will send you the contact details of the members of staff who act as PhD Leads for the various Disciplines.
Applications must include:
- Completed application form
- Thesis proposal (maximum 3 pages)
- A short CV
- Letter of support from your proposed supervisor
15th April 2019 at 12 noon