Important - Please Read
Minimum Criteria for Advertising Voluntary Opportunities to University of Dundee Students and Graduates
We set some basic requirements for you to have in place before you access our services to promote your opportunities to students. This is to safeguard both yourself and potential student volunteers. Please ensure you read this carefully below continuing.
The following are essential requirements:
- Insurance that sufficiently covers your volunteers' activities
- A Health and Safety Policy that follows regulations in relation to the volunteers' work with your organisation or project
- If the activity relates to volunteering with children or vulnerable adults, we require you to comply with current legislation regarding disclosure/criminal record checks
We also strongly encourage organisations to have the following:
- A specific person who can act as a "go to" contact for the volunteer
- Regular volunteer supervision (formal or informal)
- A system of volunteer induction and training
- A Volunteer Policy with clear guidelines about induction, training, support, supervision and responsibility for volunteers and ending a volunteer role
- An Equal Opportunities Policy for your organisation as a whole.
Yes, I confirm that our organisation meets the Minimum Criteria and agree to abide by the Service Level Agreement.
I am unable to confirm that our organisation meets the Minimum Criteria and agree to abide by the Service Level Agreement.