Are you a UK based student who has travelled or is planning to travel abroad?
Are you a students from overseas who has travelled to Dundee to study?
If the answer to either of these questions is yes then Global Plus could be of interest to you.
The purpose of the programme is to help you develop and communicate the following skills
- Cross Cultural Communication
- Global Networking
- Self Awareness
- Cultural Awareness
The Global Plus Programme is open to all University of Dundee matriculated students who meet one of the following criteria:
UK Based Students
If you are a UK based student who has or plans to travel out with the UK to;
- Study for a semester or a full academic year at an overseas university
- Complete an internship such as the Saltire Scholar Internship Programme
- Work at a camp organised by Camp Leaders, CCUSA, Camp America or other similar organisation.
- Participated in the Common Purpose Programme
Students based out with the UK
If you have travelled from out with the UK to study in Dundee and are undertaking a role such as:
- Student Ambassador
- Peer Connector
- Office Bearer with in Society or Sports Club
- Student Representative
- Team member within the Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Undertake an overseas Elective as part of your Medical Degree
Students who want to apply for the Global Plus Award should either;
- Write three blogs relating to their travel experience (blogs must be published and be at least 250 words long)
- Complete a Global Plus Award application form (answering three competency based questions) based on their travel experience.
Applying in this way also requires applicants to attend an hour long workshop. This is compulsory with attendance required before an application can be submitted.
Additionally, all applicants must produce a short (1 minute) video describing their experience.
By participating in Global Plus, you will:
- Get the opportunity to develop and also communicate those skills.
- Identify skills developed by travelling to a different country.
- Become more confident with the awareness of how you have developed.
The first step is to register using the form below. After this you will be invited to a workshop.