Zoë Reid has a degree in Art History and Paper Conservation from Camberwell College of Arts, London (1991) and a post graduate diploma in Museum Studies from the University of Leicester (2001). After leaving college she joined acommercial paper conservation studio in Dublin. During her eight years there she became responsible for the portfolios of a number of prestigious clients. In 1999 Zoë joined National Gallery of Ireland, where she was the Research fellow in Paper Conservation and she worked primarily on the Jack B. Yeats Archive. She became an accredited conservator through the Institute of Conservation of Historic and Artistic works in Ireland (ICHAWI) in 2000.In May 2002 she took up a post as conservator in the National Archives of Ireland.
Throughout her 12 years at the National Archives, Zoë has been involved in implementing a wide range of conservation and preservation projects. She currently supervises 3 conservation interns, 4 conservators on project specific contracts and 2 preservation assistants.
Over the course of her career Zoë has presented lectures and training events on various aspects of paper conservation, collection care and disaster planning and salvage.
- Conservation of the 16th & 17th Century Chancery Pleadings at the National Archives of Ireland, Reid. Z & B,van de Wetering,ICON Journal Vol 35.No. 2, Parchmentand Vellum Special Issue, 2013
- Conservation of Part of the 1911 Census, Reid Z. & Carré-Hok M., IPCRA Conservation Activities in Ireland II, 2011
- Silk screen flattening technique in use at the National Archives, Reid. Z. & Coles, L. IPCRA Newsletter Spring, 2010
- Conservation of the Down Survey Traces at the National Archives, Ireland
- Pacquit .C, & Reid .Z, IPCRA Newsletter Spring, 2009
- Conservation if the Fenian photographs in the National Archives,
- McGuinne N., & Reid Z., IPCRA Spring Journal, 2003
- Fascicules for the Yeats Archive at the National Gallery of Ireland, Reid, Z IPCRA Autumn Journal, 2003
- The Yeats Archive: A method of Identifying wax crayon, Reid Z. & McGuinne N. International Institute of Conservation, Works of Art on Paper, Books Documents and Photographs, Baltimore, USA, 2002