Rachel Hart is Muniments Archivist in the Department of Special Collections at the University of St. Andrews Library and Deputy Head of Special Collections at the University of St. Andrews Library. Previously Rachel was the Archivist at St. Andrews University Library (1997-2004); a Freelance Archivist in Aberdeenshire (1994-1998); Assistant Archivist in the Department of Special Collections and Archives at the University of Aberdeen (1987-1995); and Assistant Archivist for Cumbria Archives Service (1983-1985). Rachel is a Member of the St. Andrews Institute of Mediaeval Studies and the St. Andrews Institute of Scottish Historical Research; Associate Editor for the Scottish History Society; the Treasurer of the Scottish Council on Archives; and a Registered Member of the Society of Archivists.
- Annual features in Alumnus Chronicle, (St Andrews, 2007-2010)
- Articles in the University of St Andrews staff magazine:
- ‘Printing in Fife’ in The StAndard, No. 15, (2008), p. 50
- ‘First Females and Female Firsts’ in The StAndard, No. 12, (2007), pp.34-35;
- ‘”The Mad Militants”: Suffragette activity in St Andrews in 1913’ in The StAndard, No. 11, (2007), pp.32-33;
- ‘Alumni and the Independence Movement in America’ in The StAndard, No. 7, (2006), p26;
- ‘Tolkien, St Andrews and Dragons’ in T. Hart and I. Khovacs (ed.), Tree of Tales (2007), pp. 1-11
- Collaboration with and contribution to Colin McLaren, Aberdeen Students 1600-1860 (Aberdeen, 2005), specifically analytical tables, pp 171-174
- ‘GASHE project and exhibition’ in University of St Andrews Newsletter, (September 2004).
- ‘Reports and Surveys of Archives in Northern Scotland’, Northern Scotland, vols. 8 (1988), pp.69-71; 9 (1898), pp. 83-85; 11 (1991), pp. 73-76.
Selected Conference Papers
- ‘Who are our users and how well do we serve them?’, with Norman Reid, Conference paper: ICA/SUV, (August 2007). Published on website at http://www.dundee.ac.uk/archives/SUV2007/papers/hart_rachel_and_reid_norman.htm