Our postgraduate courses include...
Innovative educational programmes in recordkeeping, delivered fully online for UK and international students which provide:
- professional education in the theory and practice of archives and records management
- an in-depth knowledge of the management of archives and the ability to apply this knowledge to archives in the public sector or in commercial or specialist environments
- a comprehensive training in the creation and management of current and semi-current records
- an awareness of the legal and ethical issues relating to archives and records management
- skills in managing and preserving records in a variety of media including audio-visual and electronic records
- an understanding of record-keeping practice and tradition
- flexible, supported and interactive study
- modules taught by experts in their field
- the opportunity to develop research skills and expertise during the preparation of the masters dissertation
- accredited single module study for CPD from an extensive range of modules
- the ability to gain a professional qualification while employed
The MSc/MLitt/PG Dip degrees can be completed in 2.5-5 years. PG Certificates can be completed within 1 year. Modules are designed to develop student expertise in areas as diverse as digital preservation, management for information professionals, metadata and taxonomies, Latin and palaeography.
Modules last for 15 weeks (20 credits) or nine weeks (10 credits). There are three entry points a year in January, May and September. MLitt/MSc/Diploma students also attend a compulsory one-off study school in May or September at the outset of the programme if they are resident in the UK. Alternative arrangements are made for international students who are not able to attend in person.
- MLitt - students require 180 credits at SHE M or SCQF level 11 from a range of modules and the dissertation
- Diploma - students require 120 credits at SHE M or SCQF level 11 from a range of modules
- Certificate - students require 60 credits at SHE M or SCQF level 11 from a range of modules
Unique educational programmes in Family and Local History
These courses are also delivered online and are available for both UK and international students.