The introductory courses comprise two six week courses in family and local history:
- Are you interested in finding out more about your family or local history?
- Have you looked at some of the online websites, sources and indexes that are available but want to know where to go next?
- Do you want to start using original sources and records but are not sure how to go about this?
- Would you like to know more about the historical context in which your ancestors lived?
The courses will give you the skills to develop your research and provide more details about how your ancestors lived their lives. They are aimed at those who are interested in expanding their skills and knowledge in a relatively short period of time. Choose from:
The courses are online, easy to use and fully supported. You can do them wherever you live and can log onto the site at whatever time you wish to study. You will work your way through the courses with other students and will be able to discuss the topics on a discussion forum. Your tutor will provide support and guidance throughout.
If you want to go further with your family and local history research and to learn in a supportive, enjoyable and interactive environment, these courses are for you. There is no assessment involved.
- Online fully supported distance learning
- Introductory and advanced courses, each lasting six weeks
- Expert tutors who are professional archivists and experienced genealogists
- A range of exciting records, not just registers and census data
- A discussion forum to exchange views and information
- Online tasks to aid self study and reinforce learning but no formal assessment
All students will receive a Certificate of Completion from the University of Dundee