The following gives you a flavour of our research and knowledge exchange activity, in the three themes since January 2014.
Health, Work and Well-Being
- Articles in journals rated as world-leading and internationally excellent in the Chartered Association of Business School’s Journal Quality List, including Sociology of Health and Illness, Social Science and Medicine, Work Employment and Society, Health Economics, and Population Economics.
- Securing grant income from the Department of Education, the British Academy, the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, and the British Medical Association.
- Influential published reports on the ‘Impact of the Scottish Patient Safety Fellowship Programme and on NHS Tayside’s Older People’s Collaborative’ activities for the NHS, ‘The Benefits of STEM Skills for Individuals, Society and the Economy’ for the Royal Society, ‘Wellbeing at Work’ for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, and the Changing Work Experience of Hospital Consultants in NHS Scotland’ for the British Medical Association.
- Taking part in, and organizing, multiple knowledge exchange events in the UK and overseas, including invited presentations and development work for the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges/ Academy of Medical Leadership and Management, the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges in Scotland, the Scottish Parliament, and the Health Education and Training Institute of New South Wales, the Resolution Foundation’s Private Roundtable, the Department of Education, and the Department for Business Innovation and Skills.
- Staff in the School have recently established a Centre for Health and Social Care Leadership and Governance. They have also developed strong relationships with the Faculty of Nursing and Medicine at the University of Technology in Sydney, with whom they are active in maintaining a Key Technology Partnership in the field of clinical leadership.
- Impact cases on the work of hospital consultants and medical leaders and labour market returns to education.
Governance, Leadership, Innovation and Change
- Publishing articles in journals rated as world-leading and internationally excellent, including the Academy of Management Learning and Education, Organization Studies, Work Employment and Society, British Journal of Management, Human Resource Management Journal, International Journal of Human Resource Management, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, European Journal of Operational Research, International Journal of Management Reviews, Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal, Accounting Forum, Critical Perspectives on Accounting, Accounting Forum, European Management Journal, Journal of Rural Studies, European Review of Agricultural Economics, Environmental and Resource Economics.
- Publishing influential books and book chapters on innovation theory, leadership in the public and third sectors, strategy-as- practice, organising music, change management, managing people, human resource management, employer branding, corporate governance, commodification and consumption, redistribution and income inequality in Scotland.
- Securing research and knowledge exchange income, including development work for the Institute of Directors with directors of SME’s in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland and for work for the British Academy of Management.
- Publishing influential reports for practice, including joint authorship and the Parliamentary launch of the British Academy of Management/ Chartered Management Institute report on Black and Asian Ethnic Minority (BAME) Leadership.
- Taking part in, and organizing, multiple knowledge exchange events in the UK and overseas, including invited presentations for academics and HR directors at the Centre for Global HR at the University of Gothenburg, invited presentations for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and the Chartered Management Institute.
- Impact case studies and activity, including Planning Dynamics of Fracking for Gas.
Money, Markets and Finance
- Publishing articles in journals rated as internationally excellent, including European Journal of Finance, Critical Perspectives on Accounting, Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Accounting Forum, Review of Income and Wealth, Energy Journal, Regional Studies.
- Topics include: influences on modern equity markets, Islamic banking, efficiency and risk in commercial banking, financialization and company law, high technology investments, US banking markets, UK equity markets, financial reporting and intellectual capital, income stratification, integrated spot markets for LNG, crude oil markets, willingness to pay for climate change mitigation, firm entry, survival and exit.
- Securing research and knowledge exchange income, including research into crowdfunding for renewable energy projects, funded by the European Commission.
- Taking part in knowledge exchange events, including awareness of the Scottish Income Tax jointly with ICAS with findings presented to the Scottish Government.
- Publishing influential reports for practice, including Crowdfunding for Renewable Energy Projects.
- Impact case studies and activity, including Green Energy Crowdfunding.