Your dedicated careers team are supported by a wider network of colleagues through the University Careers Service. There is also a growing culture of entrepreneurship and innovation at the University and for those students who have ambitions of starting their own business, you will also find support from our Centre for Entrepreneurship.
Caroline Smith - Careers Adviser
My focus is to provide tailored careers advice and support to all UG and PG students in the School of Business. This includes:
- Workshops and support on skills development
- Career coaching to help students decide a plan of action
- Ont-to-one careers guidance
- Help in identifying opportunities
- Support with all aspects of the recruitment process, from CVs and applications to mock interviews
- Provision of employability opportunities such as business games
I have a degree in English and European Studies, and taught English as a Foreign Language in France before moving to a training and development role at Renault Trucks in Lyon. I have had various roles in the voluntary sector before moving into Higher Education, working as module tutor and student welfare officer for international students, before training as a Careers Adviser.
To contact Caroline for an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org