Walks Talks and Workshops 2018
Published on Fri 9 Feb 2018
The University of Dundee Botanic Garden is delighted to bring you a series of exciting and informative events suitable for all ages and gardening abilities.
Our programme ‘Walks, Talks and Workshops’ will teach you how to care for your garden and tools. There will also be a series of family-friendly activities for your little ones. Our curator, Alasdair Hood and Head Gardener for the National Trust Scotland, Diana Robertson, will take you through various topics ranging from tool maintenance and pruning through to interactive, hands-on workshops such as creating your own fairy garden.
A full listing of the events can be found below and on Eventbrite where you can also purchase tickets.
- Tool maintenance, 13th February.
- Rose pruning workshop, 27th February.
- Rose pruning workshop 2, 2nd March.
- Apple tree pruning workshop, 5th March.
- Garden compost making, 7th April.
- Willow weaving with Diana Robertson, 8th April.
- The struggle for existence in plants with Dr Neil Paterson, 11th April.
- A riot of rhododendrons, 26th April.
- Bag for life, 1st May (tickets still to be released).
- Go native with Clare, 12th May.
- A view from the other side, 24th May.
- On the slab with Dan Lockhart, 26th May.
- Flowers of the Mediterranean, 31st May.
- Fairy gardens, 3rd June.
- A view from the other side – Take 2, 21st June.
- Meet the monkey puzzles, 28th June.
- Confidence with pruning, 30th June.
- Willow weaving with Diana – Group 2, 1st July.
- Walk and talk with the “Friends of the Garden”, 3rd July.
- Deep time and plant evolution, 11th July.
- Tea trees and other hardy flowers of Australia, 26th July.
- Summer rose pruning with Diana Robertson, 30th July.
- Let there be light with Dr Neil Paterson, 8th August.
- Go native again with Clare, 8th September.
- Children’s monster workshop, 7th October.