UDSB and International Partners Research Conference 2020
Published on 4 September 2020
The conference will be held on 24 and 25 of November 2020 and focus on issues related to socio-economic development.
The conference’s aim is to encourage research collaborations across the participating institutions and between individual researchers.
Conference Dates: 24 and 25 November 2020
Co-hosted by the Workshop on Sustainable Socio-Economic Development (WISSED), University of Dundee, and partner institutions, the conference is open to all presenters plus non-presenting academics and students from the University of Dundee and partner universities.
With the University of Dundee School of Business, the participating partner intuitions include:
- DNUI, Dalian Neusoft University of Information, Dalian, China
- GIFT University, Gujranwala, Pakistan
- PSU, Prince Sultan University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- SDMIMD, Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development), Mysore, India.
- ULCCS, Uralungal Labour Contract Co-operative Society, Kerala, India.
- UUM, Universiti Utara Malaysia, Kedah, Malaysia
- VNU-EB, Vietnam National University of Economics and Business, Hanoi, Vietnam
The Co-Chairs of the first research conference are: Professor Bill Russell and Dr Yin Zhang and the conference manager is Ms. Elaine Douglas.
Possible topics are:
- COVID-19 and After
- Member Owned Organisations
- Co-operatives and agricultural development
- Co-operative and community banking
- Approaches to Development
- Micro-finance and development
- Fair trade and development
- Labour markets and equitable development
- Issues of management and sustainable development
- Marketing and export-led growth
- Accounting and sustainable socio-economic development
- Supply chain development
- Gender in Business
- Gender and development
- Gender and inequality
- Issues Related to Wellbeing
- Development and wellbeing
- Health outcomes and development
- Income inequality and development
- Poverty alleviation
We also invite submissions on other topics that researchers are seeking to collaborate with participants of the conference.
In the first year this conference will be online. We intend the conference to be on an annual basis and will evolve going forward with discussions with our partner institutions.
The structure and number of presentations will reflect the interest from participants with the final structure determined after we consider the response to the call for abstracts.
At present we expect there will be:
- up to 20 oral presentations. Twenty minutes to present, ten minutes for discussion. If there are many submissions we will have a 2-day conference which may accommodate 35-50 oral presentations.
- poster submissions especially for preliminary research.There will be a virtual poster tour accommodating up to 15 posters where presenters will discuss their papers (5 minutes per poster).
- a session for PhD students on how to publish
- and keynote addresses
Abstracts (500 word maximum) should be submitted by 30 September 2020. Indicate whether you wish to do an oral or poster presentation.
Please email abstracts with a bio of the lead presenter (up to 200 words with a photo embedded if possible) to UDSBConference2020@dundee.ac.uk.
A decision will be made about whether the abstracts are accepted by 15 October 2020.
We ask partner universities to help organize paper submissions and to nominate a member for the scientific committee that will review the abstract submissions and determine acceptance or rejection.
School Administrator (PA to the Dean and School Manager)
+44 (0)1382 firstname.lastname@example.org