Industry Mentorship Programme
Published on 14 December 2020
The programme will initially focus on students on the MSc International Energy Studies and Management/Commerce courses, but will later extend to LLM and MSc Sustainability courses
Ten highly qualified professionals with backgrounds from oil and gas, electricity, renewables, consulting, investment, finance, trading, and the emerging energy storage sector were invited as the mentors and attended the launch meeting on 19 November 2020. The mentors will both advise students on career development and guide them in applying the knowledge learned from classroom to industry settings.
Speaking about this programme, Robert Miles, mentor and CEO of Immersa, says “We would be delighted to participate in this type of programme and… look forward to understanding a little more about each of you [the mentees]”
Dr Ji Chen, mentor and an alumnus of CEPMLP, says “I am grateful for this opportunity to re-join the CEPMLP family. Looking forward to working with you [mentees] all.
“I am really excited about this scheme. I'm very interested, because I always believe that the knowledge learned should be put into practice. The programme will undoubtfully help with for my job search” says Hao Liu, an MSc International Energy Studies and Energy Economics student.
The mentors include:
- Robert Miles, Chief Executive Officer, Immersa Ltd
- Iain Hutchison, Founder and Managing Director, Merlin ERD Ltd
- Martyn Link, Chief Strategy Officer, Wood Group
- Ian Ross, Trade Specialist, Scottish Development International
- Dr Xin Ma, Managing Director of Asia Platform, Total Carbon Neutral Ventures
- Obo Idornigie, Vice President, Welligence Energy Analytics
- Robert Allen, Senior Risk Analyst, Klesch Group
- Olalekan Abiola, Advisor to Group Managing Director, Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation
- Dr Ji Chen, Principal, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Manuel Rodriguez Velasco, Chief Finance Office, Mechero Energy
The launch meeting was chaired by Dr Xiaoyi (Shawn) Mu and attended by Professor Peter Cameron, Ms Janeth Warden-Fernandez and Dr Rafael Macatangay.