University of Dundee research projects:
The Dundee-St Andrews CIRCA (Computer Interactive Reminiscence and Conversation Aid) Project team, of which Dr Alm is a member, have been working together for some time on using technology to support people with dementia, and have made several important discoveries about how such a system should work.
- The University of Dundee is one of four Scottish universities joining forces to study how diet, exercise and other factors affect the amount of blood that reaches brain tissue and how that may affect memory.
Posted 6 Feb 2015
- £1.13million study to discover if eye test can give early Alzheimer’s warning
- Researchers at the University of Dundee will lead a £1.13million project to help establish if an eye test can be used to reveal the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease.
Posted 27 October 2014
- Dundee scientist shares latest findings at UK's top dementia research conference.
- A University of Dundee researcher will share the stage with actor James Nesbitt when he presents his latest findings at a major dementia research conference organised by Alzheimer's Research UK.
Posted 12 March 2013
- University of Dundee PhD student to embark on a project looking at ways to stop amyloid from wreaking havoc in the brain.
- John Findlay, a PhD student at the University of Dundee, is about to embark on a project looking at ways to stop amyloid, a key feature of the disease, from wreaking havoc in the brain.
Posted 24 September 2010
- Dundee researchers and European collaborators find that anti-diabetes drug fights Alzheimer's
- A potentially exciting breakthrough in the treatment and prevention of Alzheimer’s disease has been made by researchers at the University of Dundee and their international collaborators.
- CIRCA and Living in the Moment
- A planned spinout company from St Andrews and Dundee University to bring to the market multimedia touchscreen systems to support people with dementia and their carers.