The ResLife programme is here to build a community in Residences – we also have Free Pizza!
The Student Support team in Residences run the ResLife programme along with the Student Support Assistants and ResLife Volunteers. We run a series of events and initiatives throughout the year to give you the opportunity to meet new people and try new things. Most of our events are free, or have only a small charge to cover costs. If you’ve got an idea for an event we could run let us know!
Throughout the year we run events like:
- The Big Giveaway (the first Sunday of term – a chance for you to pick up some useful bits and pieces for your flat for free)
- Flat Night In (a weekly chance to win enough pizza to feed your flat)
- Edinburgh Christmas Markets
- ResLife cinema tickets (a special deal with the nearby DCA cinema)
- Meet the Guide Dog Puppies
- Broughty Ferry Beach (to enjoy the sun and eat some ice cream)
Most important of all we run the annual Rezzie Awards!
These are a chance to celebrate everything good that happens in the Residences throughout the year. Every spring we ask for nominations for Rezzie Awards, and the winners are treated to a special night out and secret prizes! We receive nominations for flats which are:
- Most Fun
- Best Decorated
- Most Foodie
- Most Homely
- Most Friendly
- Most Community Engagement
- Cleanest (this is our most competitive category!)
There is also a chance to nominate your Student Support Assistant for Best SSA. If they’ve helped you through a difficult time or just been a good laugh then let us know!
Becoming a ResLife Volunteer
If you’d like to get involved and help us run events, and be in with a shot of winning the Community Engagement Rezzie award then email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up as a ResLife volunteer!