One-to-One Tutor appointments
Our Academic Skills tutors work in collaboration with Royal Literary Fund Writing Fellows to give 1-to-1 guidance, working with you to help develop and enhance your academic skills and provide advice for your written assignments. Our academic skills tutors do not provide a proofreading service but they will work with you to help you develop skills to proofread your own work.
During the summer there will be reduced availability and waiting time for an appointment might be longer than during semester. You should factor these timescales into your planning when requesting an appointment and allow additional time for a response to your query.
The full service will resume in September.
Before you book an appointment: Look at the resources available to you from the Academic Skills for Students web page.
Book an appointment: Use our online form at the bottom of the page to request an appointment.
After you have sent in your request: Check your University mailbox for an email from Writing@dundee.ac.uk with details of the time and location for your appointment.
The day of your appointment: If you find you are unable to keep your appointment use the details below to contact us.
- Enhance your grammar, punctuation and writing style.
- Learn how to structure a critical analysis.
- Learn how to approach essay writing under exam conditions.
- Improve your time management.
- Read information effectively.
- Develop your critical thinking.
- Develop effective study and revision strategies.
- Give confident presentations.
- Learn how to reference, use quotations and structure paragraphs more effectively.
- Enhance your ability to respond to tutor feedback.
- Develop your own proofreading skills.
- Academic Skills Centre
- +44 (0)01382 384017