One-to-One Tutor appointments
Book an appointment
Do you need help to improve your general academic skills or need guidance for your academic writing?
We offer two types of appointments:
- One-to-one 30min appointments with one of our academic skills tutor to help improve your general academic skills
- One-to-one 50min appointments with one of our academic writing Fellows from the Royal Literary Fund
If you have a quick question, our tutors also offer a one-to-one quick query drop-in service at the City Campus and Fife Campus - no appointment required.
Have a look at our guides to see what each type offers before making your appointment. You will be expected to have already consulted our online resources, with your one-to-one appointment providing further support or clarification.
Academic Skills Centre
- Enhance your grammar, punctuation and writing style
- Learn how to structure a critical analysis
- Learn how to approach essay writing under exam conditions
- Improve your time management
- Read information effectively
- Develop your critical thinking
- Develop effective study and revision strategies
- Give confident presentations
- Learn how to reference, use quotations and structure paragraphs more effectively
- Enhance your ability to respond to tutor feedback
- Develop your own proofreading skills
- Academic Skills Centre