One-to-One Tutor appointments
We are still here to support you - see our home page for more information and resources
Although our staff are now working from home in line with Government and University advice, we remain available for online student consultations.
Depending on the nature of your query this may be most effectively be done via email or through live channels such as Microsoft Teams or Skype for Business (both of which are available to you through your student IT account). In the first instance email details of your query to email@example.com and one of our tutors will get in touch to discuss how best to proceed. You'll find links to a number of online resources covering a range of commonly encountered queries on our Home page.
Sometimes we can answer your query without you needing to wait for a response from one of our tutors.
- Online Resources: Check the online resources on our Home page to see if you can find the help you need there. These resources have been created in response to the most common types of queries we receive. The tutor who responds to you will be working on the expectation that you have already consulted these resources and that you require further support.
- Course tutor: Ask your tutor to clarify any subject-specific queries. Whilst we can offer academic skills advice, we cannot help you with any matters that relate to your actual course material, or the administration of your modules.
- Enhance your grammar, punctuation and writing style.
- Learn how to structure a critical analysis.
- Learn how to approach essay writing under exam conditions.
- Improve your time management.
- Read information effectively.
- Develop your critical thinking.
- Develop effective study and revision strategies.
- Give confident presentations.
- Learn how to reference, use quotations and structure paragraphs more effectively.
- Enhance your ability to respond to tutor feedback.
- Develop your own proofreading skills.
- Academic Skills Centre
- +44 (0)01382 384017