- Dundee became an independent University in 1967 following a 70 year relationship with the University of St Andrews
- The University's origins date back to 1881 when University College, Dundee was founded
- The University is home to more than 17000 students and more than 3000 staff, helping to make Dundee Scotland’s most student-friendly city
- 25 per cent of the students we are engaged with are from outside the UK. Dundee is one of the highest ranked UK universities in the International Student Barometer, the annual measure of student satisfaction
- Around 12000 of the students are involved in undergraduate studies.
The University has been consistently rated best in Scotland in the annual Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey
- Our annual turnover is in excess of £250million
- The University is a founding partner of the V&A at Dundee project, which aims to develop a new centre of 21st century design for Scotland at the heart of Dundee's waterfront
Find out more detailed breakdown of student numbers across departments.