Job Opportunities at University of Dundee
Find out about UoD Career Opportunities
The University of Dundee recognises that its active and comprehensive internal and external seminar speaker programmes represent a vital and key part of its research and teaching activities and should be accessible to all of the relevant staff and student bodies across the entire university. We would like all those with responsibility for seminar programmes to consider and aim to adhere to the following guidelines.
Organisational and Professional Development (OPD) provides staff and postgraduate researchers with training opportunities. A full catalogue of courses including information on who to contact can be found on their website.
See the link for guidelines on sending emails.
Information for Researchers
OPD Researcher Development:
UoD Researcher Development:
Useful External Links
- Athena SWAN Website - The national Athena SWAN Website created by ECU
- Equality Challenge Unit - The website for the Equality Challenge Unit, home to both gender and race equality charters, as well as the Athena SWAN charter
- Interconnect - Student Network - The University of Dundee Interconnect Champion/Contact is Michael Omelkova
- WISE - A campaign to promote women in science, technology and engineering
- Tapping all our talents. Women in STEM: A strategy for Scotland - A report highlighting the lack of Women with STEM degrees, working in these areas.
- Athena SWAN handbook - For information about awards, guidelines and advice for applying
- Curt Rice - Professor and gender equality enthusiast, provides opinion and paper reviews
- WiCB - Women in Cell Biology website, part of the international forum for cell biology
- Concordat - Concordat to support the Career Development of Researchers
- Cafe Science - University of Dundee organisation, with frequent events to discuss topics from pop-science to more the more serious issues facing science today
- Resources for Returners to the Biosciences - Information for Scientists either considering a career break or returning from one
- L'Oréal: Women In Science - L'Oréal women in science fellowships, aim to promote and highlight women in science, ensuring greater participation of women. The fellowships are each worth £15,000 and can be used to support any aspect of postdoctoral research, from buying new equipment, to paying for travel and childcare costs.
- Daphne Jackson Trust - Enables women and men to return to research following a career break of two or more years, including an individual retraining programme.
- Wellcome Trust Biomedical Science Fellowships - Provides support for postdoctoral researchers through a variety of fellowships.
- Rosalind Franklin Award - Awarded to support the promotion of women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. All winners receive a medal and a grant of £30,000 to fund a project to raise the profile of women in STEM in their host institution or field of expertise in the UK.
Dundee Women's Aid
- Dundee Women's Aid - Confidential, non-judgemental service for women, young people and children who have experienced domestic abuse. Provides support to women from all backgrounds.