Dr Gareth Inman
Position: Reader, Division of Cancer Research
Address: Division of Cancer Research
Medical Research Institute
Jacqui Wood Cancer Centre
University of Dundee
James Arrott Drive
Ninewells Hospital And Medical School
Telephone: +44 (0) 1382 383366
- Mackay C, Carroll E, Ibrahim AF, Garg A, Inman GJ, Hay RT, Alpi AF. E3 Ubiquitin Ligase HOIP Attenuates Apoptotic Cell Death Induced by Cisplatin. Cancer Res. 2014 Apr 15;74(8):2246-57. doi: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-13-2131. Epub 2014 Mar 31.
- Spender LC, Inman GJ. Developments in Burkitt's lymphoma: novel cooperations in oncogenic MYC signaling. Cancer Manag Res. 2014 Jan 9;6:27-38. eCollection 2014. Review.
- Acosta JC, Banito A, Wuestefeld T, Georgilis A, Janich P, Morton JP, Athineos D, Kang TW, Lasitschka F, Andrulis M, Pascual G, Morris KJ, Khan S, Jin H, Dharmalingam G, Snijders AP, Carroll T, Capper D, Pritchard C, Inman GJ, Longerich T, Sansom OJ, Benitah SA, Zender L, Gil J. A complex secretory program orchestrated by the inflammasome controls paracrine senescence. Nat Cell Biol. 2013 Aug;15(8):978-90. doi: 10.1038/ncb2784. Epub 2013 Jun 16.
- Wang, H; McHugh, A; Matin, R; Fleming, C; Leigh, I; Inman, G; Crook, T; Proby, C; A two gene serum epigenetic signature detects metastatic melanoma with high sensitivity and specificity; Journal of Investigative Dermatology; 2013 May; 133(1); S235*S235
- Herrera B; Garcia-Alvaro M, Cruz S, Walsh P, Fernandez M, Roncero C, Fabrgeta I, Sanchez A,Inman GJ. (2013) BMP9 is a proliferative and survival factor for human hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Plos. One 8(7):e 69535.
- Spender, L.C, Carter, M.J., O’Brien, D.I., Clark, L.J., Yu, J., Michalak, E.M., Happo, L., Cragg, M.S., Inman, G.J. (2013) Transforming Growth Factor-β directly induces PUMA during the rapid induction of apoptosis in Myc-driven B-cell lymphomas. J. Biol. Chem. 288(7):5198-209.
- Elston, R. and Inman, G.J. (2012) Crosstalk between p53 and TGFβ signalling. Journal of Signal Transduction Article ID 358476.
- Spender, L.C. and Inman, G.J. (2012) Phosphoinositide-3-kinase/AKT/mTORC1/2 signaling determines sensitivity of Burkitt’s Lymphoma cells to BH3-mimetics. Mol Cancer Res.10(3):347-59.
- Spender, L.C and Inman, G.J. (2011) Inhibition of Germinal Centre Apoptotic Programmes by Epstein-Barr Virus. Adv. Hematol. 2011:829525 Epub 2011 Oct 23.
Q & A with Gareth Inman
This is a difficult as I would always like to achieve more at work yet have time to look after my children and see my partner. Invariably this requires compromises from all of us. Fortunately for me the family is very understanding of my passion for science and its sometimes unsociable time demands.
Outstanding academic research reputation in biological/biomedical sciences.
Being awarded the first AICR international cancer fellowship which enabled me to set up my own lab in the Beatson Institute in Glasgow
That gender does not correlate in anyway with grade, pay or responsibilities.
Someone who is open and honest about their career path.
The thrill of discovering something new.
That who you work for really matters.