The University of Dundee applied for an Athena SWAN Bronze award in November 2013 which was awarded in April 2014. This award demonstrates the University’s commitment to Athena SWAN and the progression of women in academic careers in STEMM subjects. Holding an institutional award also allows groups within the University to apply for their own departmental Athena SWAN awards.
As the University of Dundee is a Bronze award holder (University of Dundee Bronze Award Submission 2013), departments within the institution are eligible to apply for their own awards.
There is lots of Athena SWAN activity and progress across the University - read our Athena SWAN Annual Report 2016.
All five of our STEMM Schools are current award holders and all four of our AHSSBL Schools are working towards their own applications in the next three cycles (by November 2017).
See our Department award applications and action plans here:
Current Departmental Awards
- Computing Application April 2015 (Formerly School of) - Bronze awarded October 2015
- Engineering, Physics and Mathematics Application April 2015 (Formerly School of) - Bronze awarded October 2015
- Centre for Anatomy & Human Identification (CAHID) - Bronze awarded April 2015
- School of Life Sciences (Formerly College of) - Bronze awarded April 2015
- College of Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing & Midwifery (now, Schools of Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing & Health Sciences) - Bronze awarded September 2014