Public Engagement at the University of Dundee
Revealing Research is the Public Engagement with Research office at the University of Dundee. We provide a range of services that support all staff and students in their public engagement and research activities at the University of Dundee.
We work with researchers from all disciplines from arts & design, humanities & social sciences to computing, biomedical and physical sciences.
There are many different ways that you can engage with non-specialist audiences, including public lectures, school workshops, appearing at festivals, speaking to policy makers and involving the public in your research project.
We recognise the importance of communicating your research to wider audiences within the community.
Enhancing the impact of your research on society, and increasing the benefits this brings to the public and your work, is our key focus.
Ways in which we can help you
- Recognising the importance of public engagement
- Delivering bespoke communications training
- Co-ordinating and promoting events
- Supporting you in securing public engagement funding
- Advising on impact statements in research grants
- Stephen Fry Public Engagement Awards - The Stephen Fry Awards for Public Engagement are now open. There are now two award categories - Most Engaged Researcher and Public Engagement Project of the Year. Deadline 8th December 2016.To nominate or apply please visit here.
- FameLab 2017 - Could you share three minutes of interesting entertaining science on stage? FameLab is an international communications competition designed to engage and entertain by breaking down science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medical concepts. We're hosting a heat in Dundee! To book your free place register here.
- Discovery Days 2017 will take place on Friday 13th January 9am - 4.30pm. Free tickets are now available to book.
- Dundee Arts Cafe is back on Tuesday 6th December with a discussion about Minecraft and education. Visit the website to find out more.
- Cafe Science Dundee is back on Monday 9th January. Visit the website to find out more.
- The Women in Science Festival will return 4th-12th March 2017, where we'll host a fantastic gathering of creative events, featuring world-leading scientists, to celebrate women in science, technology, engineering and maths.