Welcome to Revealing Research
Revealing Research is the public engagement office at the University of Dundee. We provide a range of services that support all staff and students in their public engagement and research activities at the University of Dundee.
We work with researchers from all disciplines from arts & design, humanities & social sciences to computing, biomedical and physical sciences.
There are many different ways that you can engage with non-specialist audiences, including public lectures, school workshops, appearing at festivals, speaking to policy makers and involving the public in your research project.
We recognise the importance of communicating your research to wider audiences within the community.
Enhancing the impact of your research on society, and increasing the benefits this brings to the public and your work, is our key focus.
Ways in which we can help you
- Delivering or sourcing bespoke communication training
- Co-ordinating and promoting events
- Supporting you in securing public engagement funding
- Advising on impact statement in research grants
- Recognising the importance of public engagement
- Women in Science Festival - 7th-28th March 2015Women in Science Festival is a series of events around Dundee which celebrate the achievements of Women in Science, as well as encourage younger women to consider a career in science, technology, engineering or maths. To find out more, visit the Women in Science website.
- Opportunity to present your research at the British Science Festival 2015 The British Science Festival will be returning to the University of Bradford from 7-10 September 2015 and organisers are on the hunt for cutting-edge science. Call for proposals from academics and institutions are now open until 23rd March 2015, and the Award Lecture nominations close on 2nd March 2015.
- Public Engagement Grants - Bulletin Jan 2015 Funding your public engagement activities can often be the first hurdle to running your own events. Thankfully there are a wide-range of different sources of funding available from large grants from charities and public bodies to society and private sponsorship. You can find up to date comprehensive list of public engagement grant and fellowships in the Public Engagement Grants - Bulletin Jan 2015.