Public Engagement at the University of Dundee
Revealing Research is the Public Engagement with Research office at the University of Dundee. We provide a range of services that support all staff and students in their public engagement and research activities at the University of Dundee.
We work with researchers from all disciplines from arts & design, humanities & social sciences to computing, biomedical and physical sciences.
There are many different ways that you can engage with non-specialist audiences, including public lectures, school workshops, appearing at festivals, speaking to policy makers and involving the public in your research project.
We recognise the importance of communicating your research to wider audiences within the community.
Enhancing the impact of your research on society, and increasing the benefits this brings to the public and your work, is our key focus.
Ways in which we can help you
- Recognising the importance of public engagement
- Delivering bespoke communications training
- Co-ordinating and promoting events
- Supporting you in securing public engagement funding
- Advising on impact statements in research grants
- Royal Society Public Engagement Training - New training courses 'An Introduction to Public Engagement', 'Public Engagement Practice' and 'Engaging with Schools' just announced.
- I'm a Scientist - A free online event where school students meet and interact with scientists is back. Apply before 26th September.
- Dundee Arts Cafe is back on Tuesday 4th October. Visit the website to find out more.
- Cafe Science Dundee is back on Monday 10th October. Visit the website to find out more.
- Ingenious: Public Engagement awards - the latest round of the Ingenious scheme is now open to applications, and the closing date is 4pm on Monday 17 October 2016.
- The Women in Science Festival will return 4th-12th March 2017, where we'll host a fantastic gathering of creative events, featuring world-leading scientists, to celebrate women in science, technology, engineering and maths.