Resources for Town & Regional Planning
View the members of the CASS liaison team
We're here to help all members of the College of Arts and Social Sciences. Using the CASS liaison team email address will ensure that the appropriate person responds to your request or enquiry.
- Library Catalogue
- Journal indexes
- Web of Knowledge . Journals index with abstracts.
- SCOPUS . Journals index with abstracts. Login off-campus via the "Athens/Other Institution login" and select the UK Access Management Federation and then University of Dundee.
- ASSIA. Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts Login with your University of Dundee username and password.
- AVERY. Coverage includes urban planning, landscape architecture and historic preservation. Login with your University of Dundee username and password.
- Other e-resources
- Image resources
- Box of Broadcasts. "BoB is an off-air recording and media archive service. BoB is available to staff and students of member institutions of the British Universities Film & Video Council that hold an ERA+ licence. This TV scheduling service allows you to record TV and radio programmes that are scheduled to be broadcast over the next seven days as well as retrieving programmes from the last seven days from a selected list of recorded channels." Type 'University of Dundee' then login with your username and password.
- Digimap: online Ordnance Survey maps and mapping data. Login via UK Federation.
- Historic Digimap: Ordnance Survey maps dating from 1843-1996. Login via UK Federation.
- Digimap on YouTube: official user guides from YouTube
- JISC MediaHub. JISC Media Hub provides a single point of access to video, image and sound resources from many different providers, including Associated Press, the Biochemical Society Archive, Channel 4, Culverhouse Classical Music, Gaumont, Getty, Imperial War Museum, ITN, Reuters, Royal Geographical Society, St Georges Hospital Medical School and Wellcome. It includes television news, documentary films, still images and classical music, and covers a wide range of academic subjects. The content is licensed for educational and research use, and access is provided via an easy-to-use interface, which can cross-search all the available collections.
- SCRAN - Scottish Cultural Resources Network. A digital cultural and historical resource. Select Shibboleth login, then the University of Dundee, and login with your username and password.
- Internet resources