Resources for Environmental Science
View the members of the CASS subject support team
We're here to help all members of the College of Arts and Social Sciences. Using the CASS subject support email address will ensure that the appropriate person responds to your request or enquiry.
- Library Catalogue
- Internet Databases
- Web of Science Journals index with abstracts.
- SCOPUS Journals index with abstracts.
- ASSIA Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts.
- Other Internet Resources
- ScienceDirect Access to over 2,000 peer reviewed journals and hundreds of book series.
- Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA)
- UK Data Service (formerly Census data service)
- UK data service (formerly UKBORDERS service)
- Digimap Online Ordnance Survey maps and mapping data.
- Historic Digimap: Ordnance Survey maps dating from 1843-1996
- Digimap on YouTube Official user guides from YouTube.
- JISC MediaHub Provides a single point of access to video, image and sound resources from many different providers, including Associated Press, the Biochemical Society Archive, Channel 4, Culverhouse Classical Music, Gaumont, Getty, Imperial War Museum, ITN, Reuters, Royal Geographical Society, St Georges Hospital Medical School and Wellcome. It includes television news, documentary films, still images and classical music, and covers a wide range of academic subjects. The content is licensed for educational and research use, and access is provided via an easy-to-use interface, which can cross-search all the available collections.
- Empire Online
- UK Data Service (formerly ESDS - Economic & Social Data Service International) Provides access to a range of international datasets, both macro and micro sources including OECD, World Bank, IMF, UN data, statistics and indicators.
- Intute: Internet resources for your subject
- Virtual Training Suite: Internet skills tutorials and subject-related links
- Go-Geo! Geo-data portal Academic spatial data portal; an online resource discovery tool for geo-spatial data, information and services and links to other geographical information-related resources.
Going geographical with Go-Ggeo! (JISC podcast)
- MIMAS Landmap
- Virtual Developing Country
- Beginners' guide to UK geography: from Office of National Statistics
- Oxford Reference online Includes accountancy, business, finance and banking dictionaries.
- CIA World factbook
- Electronic books
- NEXIS Includes online UK and international newspapers.
- EarthExplorer. United States Geological Survey (USGS) service providing access to datasets, images and maps, including geospatial data, satellite images and aerial photographs.
- Box of Broadcasts BoB is an off-air recording and media archive service. BoB is available to staff and students of member institutions of the British Universities Film & Video Council that hold an ERA+ licence. This TV scheduling service allows you to record TV and radio programmes that are scheduled to be broadcast over the next seven days as well as retrieving programmes from the last seven days from a selected list of recorded channels.