Resources for Environmental Science
View the members of the CASS liaison team
We're here to help all members of the College of Arts and Social Sciences. Using the CASS liaison team email address will ensure that the appropriate person responds to your request or enquiry.
- Library Catalogue
- Internet Databases
- Web of Knowledge . Journals index with abstracts.
- SCOPUS . Journals index with abstracts. Login off-campus via the "Athens/Other Institution login" and select the UK Access Management Federation and then University of Dundee.
- ASSIA. Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstacts Login with your University of Dundee username and password.
- Other Internet Resources
- ScienceDirect . For off-campus access click on Login/click on Go to Athens/Other Institution/select UK Access Management Federation/select UoDundee/enter your UoDundee login.
- Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA)
- UK Data Service (formerly Census data service). select University of Dundee and login with your username and password.
- UK data service (formerly UKBORDERS service). Digitised UK boundary datasets. Login via UK Federation.
- Digimap: online Ordnance Survey maps and mapping data. Login via UK Federation.
- Historic Digimap: Ordnance Survey maps dating from 1843-1996. Login via UK Federation.
- Digimap on YouTube: official user guides from YouTube
- JISC MediaHub. JISC Media Hub provides a single point of access to video, image and sound resources from many different providers, including Associated Press, the Biochemical Society Archive, Channel 4, Culverhouse Classical Music, Gaumont, Getty, Imperial War Museum, ITN, Reuters, Royal Geographical Society, St Georges Hospital Medical School and Wellcome. It includes television news, documentary films, still images and classical music, and covers a wide range of academic subjects. The content is licensed for educational and research use, and access is provided via an easy-to-use interface, which can cross-search all the available collections.
- Empire Online
- UK Data Service (formerly ESDS - Economic & Social Data Service International). Provides access to a range of international datasets, both macro and micro sources including OECD, World Bank, IMF, UN data, statistics and indicators. select University of Dundee and login with your username and password.
- Intute: Internet resources for your subject
- Virtual Training Suite: Internet skills tutorials and subject-related links
- Go-Geo! Geo-data portal. Academic spatial data portal; an online resource discovery tool for geo-spatial data, information and services and links to other geographical information-related resources. Login via UK Federation.
Going geographical with Go-geo! (JISC podcast)
- MIMAS Landmap. Certain sections of the service require individual registration. When prompted, select Dundee University from the drop-down menu and follow the registration instructions.
- Virtual Developing Country
- Beginners' guide to UK geography: from Office of National Statistics
- Oxford Reference online. Login with your University of Dundee username and password.
- CIA World factbook
- Electronic books
- NEXIS. Includes online UK and international newspapers.
- EarthExplorer. United States Geological Survey (USGS) service providing access to datasets, images and maps, including geospatial data, satellite images and aerial photographs.
- Box of Broadcasts. "BoB is an off-air recording and media archive service. BoB is available to staff and students of member institutions of the British Universities Film & Video Council that hold an ERA+ licence. This TV scheduling service allows you to record TV and radio programmes that are scheduled to be broadcast over the next seven days as well as retrieving programmes from the last seven days from a selected list of recorded channels." Type 'University of Dundee' then login with your username and password.