what we do
Check out our september 2015 pool timetable for available times. Occasionally we have to close the pool for bookings which may not be already listed on the timetable, to make sure that we keep you as informed as possible we put these closures on our news page, our facebook page and we also display posters at reception both here and at the pool.
ISE Swim lessons 2015
To enrol now for November – December lessons... print off our application form with full details of the courses, complete it and return with payment to ise reception.
ISE swimming programme news
We have been undertaking a review of our Swimming Programme. We are now pleased to share with you our new swimming pathway which will operate from January 2016.
The new, revised Institute of Sport and Exercise's swimming programme will align closely with Scottish Swimming’s framework for swimming in Scotland and will provide:
• A progressive, all-inclusive pathway endorsed by Scottish Swimming.
• Qualified and experienced/licenced teachers who receive continuous training/mentoring from Scottish Swimming.
• A safe, fun and enjoyable environment.
• Regular feedback and progression using a passport system (reporting swimmer's progress).
• Good customer care.
• Links to Dundee City Aquatics club & other activities.
What next? (November –January)
- Current lessons & swim club sessions are running but these will end in December.
- We will be contacting those in our current programme and ISE members with details of the new programme. Swimmers with us now will be assessed before the end of the year and parents will be informed what level their child is in our new programme.
- Parents looking to book their child into the new programme will first be required to book a swim assessment slot.
- Our coaches will take the kids through a short (10min) swim assessment to ensure the child enters the new programme at the appropriate level. In some circumstances, an assessment may not be necessary (i.e. a 4 year child who has never been in the pool).
We will provide full details of our swim assessment slots and new courses here soon.
- We will offer new lessons for children age 4 - 16 years. Adult lessons and one-to-one lessons will also be available.
- The lesson blocks will vary throughout the year (i.e. 6-11 weeks long) and swimmers will retain their space progressing through the programme until the parent decides to move their child out of the programme or, their child reaches the end of the pathway.
- At the top end of our pathway, swimmers will progress from our new 'club ready' course, equivalent to the top level of our current swim club into either 1) our new 'Rookie Lifeguard' Course or 2) be recommended to Dundee City Aquatics for competitive club swimming opportunities.
Click here for further information on ISE’s new swimming pathway – we will offer Swim Skills 1 through to Club ready & Rookie Lifeguard.
We are excited about the new developments and the partnership with Scottish Swimming and Dundee City Aquatics and are confident this will strengthen swimming within the Institute of Sport and Exercise and across the city. More importantly, we would like to ensure your child has an enjoyable, enhanced swimming experience.
Check in soon for our booking release date and full details of our 2016 swim programme booking procedures.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com
NPLQ courses running at ise in 2015.......
If you are interested in becoming a qualified lifeguard, then you need to be signing up for this course. It's a nationally recognised award and includes a range of water rescue skills and knowledge related to lifeguarding in a swimming pool. We also cover current resuscitation protocol, basic first aid, communication, teamwork, understanding of pool operating procedures and hazards. To register interest or ask any questions, email Stuart Kidd