Energy Industry Scholarship
Energy has enhanced our lives: we have never been more connected and, today, more people have better opportunities, better health and better living conditions. This progress has been dependent on reliable, accessible energy.
Given the vital role of the energy sector, the Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP) in partnership with the energy industry is offering a fully funded postgraduate scholarship leading to the degree Mineral Law and Policy LLM.
The award will offer the successful candidate:
- Payment of academic tuition fees
- 12 monthly stipends for living expenses for a single student
- International travel costs to start the course and travel back to Somalia once the course is completed
Applicants eligible for consideration should:
- Be Somali or of Somali origin (if living in diaspora)
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of English language competence (minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, with no component less than 6.0)
- Be willing to return to Somalia on completion of the LLM program to work for the Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources for a minimum period of 2 years
- Already hold a degree of an equivalent standard to at least a good UK upper second class honours degree or higher
- Work experience in the energy/natural resources industry is an advantage, though it is not a strict requirement for admission to the Masters programme
- Complete their application to the University of Dundee through UKPASS including provision of references and degree transcripts etc
- Provide a reason for application (supporting statement) no longer than 250 words directly to Alison Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the University of Dundee
- Applicants must agree to their personal information and information submitted as part of the application process being shared with the sponsor of this scholarship programme
The application deadline is 15th July 2016, with successful recipients expected to commence study in September 2016 so please submit all applications by this date. All applications must be made through UKPASS - https://pgapp.ukpass.ac.uk/ukpasspgapp/login.jsp?institution=D65&course=24449&source=www.dundee.ac.uk
The Energy Industry (LLM) Scholarship is funded jointly by Shell and ExxonMobil in cooperation with the Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources of Somalia.
CEPMLP PhD Research Scholarship
Since 2007 CEPMLP has offered research scholarships to support candidates reading for the degree of PhD. The scholarships are available for three years.
Successful candidates will have access to all the resources of the PhD programme, applications will be welcome in any area of current research interest to the Centre. Applicants should complete an application form for admission as a research student to the University of Dundee indicating on the form that you are applying to CEPMLP as your academic department and indicating on the finance section of the form that you are applying for a CEPMLP scholarship. As part of the application process you will also need to include a 5-10 page summary of your research proposal, covering the research question, relevance, methodology to be applied and originality.
Applicants are expected to hold a good first degree and Masters Degree in a relevant academic discipline(s). Applicants with a background in law, economics, finance and international relations are especially welcome.
All applicants must also send a 250 word personal statement stating your interest in the scholarship and why you feel you are a worthy recipient. This should be sent to Linn McFarlane
Applications must be received by 30th June 2016, and only those who have received unconditional offer by this date will be eligible for consideration. The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed mid July and the final decision will be made by the 1st August 2016 with the successful candidate(s) expected to take up the scholarship from September 2016.
Application form for admission can be found by clicking here
Any enquiries about the scholarship should be addressed to Linn McFarlane
Colombian PhD Scholarship opportunities together with ICETEX
See more information here
Any enquiries about the scholarship should be addressed to Kathleen Shortt