- CEPMLP strengthens links with Hogan Lovells International LLP
- Right of Participation in WTO Dispute Settlement Proceedings.....A Study of Cases Involving Amicus Curiae Briefs
- OPEC, the WTO, Regionalism and Unilateralism
- Why Does PDVSA - the Venezuelan National Oil Company - Use Operational Vertical Integration as its Market Strategy?
- Professor Maniruzzaman says: "Climate Justice is What's Needed for Copenhagen Success"
- Honorary Lecturer publishes new text on Organisational Behaviour
- The Cost of Decommissioning: Government and Industry Attempts at Addressing Decommissioning Liabilities
- Landmark ruling by Dutch court against Shell Nigeria
CEPMLP is calling for entries to the Steve Weston Prize, an annual essay competition on oil and gas law administered by The Energy, Petroleum, Mineral and Natural Resources Law and Policy Education Trust.
The competition honours the memory of Steve Weston, a leading practitioner of oil and gas law, particularly in the developing regions.
Open to all, the Steve Weston Prize is awarded to the author or authors of an outstanding essay on a preselected topic. Worth up to £1000, the Prize is funded by BP, Shell, Herbert Smith, CMS Cameron McKenna, Linklaters and Wragges.
The topic for 2012 is "Shale Gas: Identify and discuss the key legal and policy issues."
All entries should be 3000 words in length and submitted electronically no later than 31st December 2012 to
Click here for full details of the Steve Weston Prize
Note: The Energy, Petroleum, Mineral and Natural Resources Law and Policy Education Trust recognise the need to invest in research and education specifically tailored to meet the challenges of the petroleum and mineral industries. The Trust is committed to supporting the role the Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (www.cepmlp.org), University of Dundee, plays in these industries throughout the world.
The winner of the prize will be announced by the end of April 2013.