- Reflections on an arbitration course
- The US-Mexico Boundary Waters Regime and North American environmental agreements: what lessons for international water agreements' compliance mechanisms?
- Legal and Institutional Implications of Cross-Border Water Pipelines in International Law: The Congo Cross-Border Water Pipeline Project (CWPP) Case Study
- An economic analysis of Sierra Leone’s fiscal regime for upstream petroleum operations: examining the impact of new fiscal instruments on government’s revenue accruing from the potential oil resource.
- Professor Maniruzzaman says: "Climate Justice is What's Needed for Copenhagen Success"
- Honorary Lecturer publishes new text on Organisational Behaviour
- The Cost of Decommissioning: Government and Industry Attempts at Addressing Decommissioning Liabilities
- Landmark ruling by Dutch court against Shell Nigeria
CEPMLP is calling for entries to the Steve Weston Prize, an annual essay competition on oil and gas law administered by The Energy, Petroleum, Mineral and Natural Resources Law and Policy Education Trust.
The competition honours the memory of Steve Weston, a leading practitioner of oil and gas law, particularly in the developing regions.
Open to all, the Steve Weston Prize is awarded to the author or authors of an outstanding essay on a preselected topic. Worth up to £1000, the Prize is funded by BP, Shell, Herbert Smith, CMS Cameron McKenna, Linklaters and Wragges.
The topic for 2012 is "Shale Gas: Identify and discuss the key legal and policy issues."
All entries should be 3000 words in length and submitted electronically no later than 31st December 2012 to
Click here for full details of the Steve Weston Prize
Note: The Energy, Petroleum, Mineral and Natural Resources Law and Policy Education Trust recognise the need to invest in research and education specifically tailored to meet the challenges of the petroleum and mineral industries. The Trust is committed to supporting the role the Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (www.cepmlp.org), University of Dundee, plays in these industries throughout the world.
The winner of the prize will be announced by the end of April 2013.