- legal and fiscal regimes of Ghana's upstream oil and gas industry: Is it investor attractive? A comparative study with the fiscal regimes of Nigeria and Angola oil industry, The.
- Ghanaian Independence Day - 6th March 2013
- Myanmar's upstream sector hobbled by pipeline controversy, poor E&D results.
- What is the applicability of the Energy Charter process in the Latin American region? Lessons to be learned by Olade as the Regional Energy Organisation.
- How Profitable Are the Features of Production Sharing Contracts to Host Governments?
- Professor Maniruzzaman says: "Climate Justice is What's Needed for Copenhagen Success"
- Honorary Lecturer publishes new text on Organisational Behaviour
- The Cost of Decommissioning: Government and Industry Attempts at Addressing Decommissioning Liabilities
CEPMLP is calling for entries to the Steve Weston Prize, an annual essay competition on oil and gas law administered by The Energy, Petroleum, Mineral and Natural Resources Law and Policy Education Trust.
The competition honours the memory of Steve Weston, a leading practitioner of oil and gas law, particularly in the developing regions.
Open to all, the Steve Weston Prize is awarded to the author or authors of an outstanding essay on a preselected topic. Worth up to £1000, the Prize is funded by BP, Shell, Herbert Smith, CMS Cameron McKenna, Linklaters and Wragges.
The topic for 2012 is "Shale Gas: Identify and discuss the key legal and policy issues."
All entries should be 3000 words in length and submitted electronically no later than 31st December 2012 to
Note: The Energy, Petroleum, Mineral and Natural Resources Law and Policy Education Trust recognise the need to invest in research and education specifically tailored to meet the challenges of the petroleum and mineral industries. The Trust is committed to supporting the role the Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (www.cepmlp.org), University of Dundee, plays in these industries throughout the world.
The winner of the prize will be announced by the end of April 2013.