- Liquefied Natural Gas: The Law and Business of LNG - Book Review
- The confusing legal development of impossibility and changed circumstances: Towards a better understanding of contractual adaptation at common law
- Recent developments in Peru's environmental law and policy: its impact on the mining industry
- Offtake Agreements : Role Features And Alternatives For Project Finance
- Professor Maniruzzaman says: "Climate Justice is What's Needed for Copenhagen Success"
- Honorary Lecturer publishes new text on Organisational Behaviour
- The Cost of Decommissioning: Government and Industry Attempts at Addressing Decommissioning Liabilities
- Landmark ruling by Dutch court against Shell Nigeria
The overall report, Oil and Gas Investments in Azerbaijan, is broken into two sections: Part 1 is a general Country Report (herein contained); and Part 2 is a detailed Economic and Legal Profile of the' Energy Sector. The reports are intended to give the potential foreign investor an overview of the socio-economic, legal and political situation in Azerbaijan which will directly influence investments in the energy sector, namely the petroleum industry.
Part 1begins with a geographic profile of the country, including a description of the country's geography, demographics, religion and ethnic groups. This is followed by an political profile of the republic providing the reader with an up-to-date summary of the recent political turmoil in October 1994. Chapter 3 is an overview of the economy, and finally Chapter 4 provides the potential business traveller with some basic information on getting to Azerbaijan and staying in Baku. Part 2 of this combined report is solely dedicated to Azerbaijan's energy sector.
(Extract from Preface)
by A Seck, 1994,
Read the full article/visit the relevant website