- House of Commons Select Committee on Energy and Climate Change Call for Evidence
- Intergovernmental Forum on Mining, Minerals, Metals and Sustainable Development
- CEPMLP Honorary Lecturer invited to serve on the Panels of Conciliators and of Arbitrators
- The Steve Weston Prize for 2012 awarded to Tomas Lanardonne
- Professor Maniruzzaman says: "Climate Justice is What's Needed for Copenhagen Success"
- Honorary Lecturer publishes new text on Organisational Behaviour
- The Cost of Decommissioning: Government and Industry Attempts at Addressing Decommissioning Liabilities
- Landmark ruling by Dutch court against Shell Nigeria
The scale and cost of abandonment and decommissioning of oil installations is considered, along with a summary of national and international legal requirements of abandonment. The formulation of UK abandonment policy is traced with reference to the Brent Spar case and the involvement of Greenpeace in this operation. Possible future developments are discussed, including government and industry responses to the need for environmental protection.
by J S M Fitzpatrick, 1996, 93pp
Price : £30 (uk pounds), ISBN 0 906343 90 9
CEPMLP Information Service Ref: DP5
Read the full article/visit the relevant website