- Conflicting Decision in Investment Arbitration: How do Inconsistent Decisions Arise and How Can They Be Avoided?
- The Prodigious Story of the Lex Petrolea and the Rhinoceros
- J.M. Baxi - an oil & gas tanker chartering and ship broking company in India.
- The Indonesian Production Sharing Contract: An Investor's Perspective (Abstract from book)
- Professor Maniruzzaman says: "Climate Justice is What's Needed for Copenhagen Success"
- Honorary Lecturer publishes new text on Organisational Behaviour
- The Cost of Decommissioning: Government and Industry Attempts at Addressing Decommissioning Liabilities
- Landmark ruling by Dutch court against Shell Nigeria
The scale and cost of abandonment and decommissioning of oil installations is considered, along with a summary of national and international legal requirements of abandonment. The formulation of UK abandonment policy is traced with reference to the Brent Spar case and the involvement of Greenpeace in this operation. Possible future developments are discussed, including government and industry responses to the need for environmental protection.
by J S M Fitzpatrick, 1996, 93pp
Price : £30 (uk pounds), ISBN 0 906343 90 9
CEPMLP Information Service Ref: DP5
Read the full article/visit the relevant website