- The confusing legal development of impossibility and changed circumstances: Towards a better understanding of contractual adaptation at common law
- Upcoming arbitration course receives accreditation
- Dennis Stickley Accepts World Bank Appointment
- The U'wa Case and Prior Consultation: The Role of States, Extractive Industries and Indigenous Communities in Natural Resources Development
- Professor Maniruzzaman says: "Climate Justice is What's Needed for Copenhagen Success"
- Honorary Lecturer publishes new text on Organisational Behaviour
- The Cost of Decommissioning: Government and Industry Attempts at Addressing Decommissioning Liabilities
- Landmark ruling by Dutch court against Shell Nigeria
China is the world's second largest consumer of commercial energy and is therefore a significant contributor to atmospheric pollution. It is becoming a major player in global and regional markets for energy products, services and investment. This book provides an overview of the formulation and implementation of energy policy in China. Part One provides background information on China¿s energy sector. Part Two examines the nature of China's energy policy and of the policy-making process, with examples drawn from the coal and natural gas sectors, as well as from the government's drive to promote energy conservation and energy efficiency. Part Three focuses on recent efforts to reform the energy sector in China and to regulate it more effectively, paying particular attention to the electrical power sector and to small-scale coal mines. Part Four evaluates, from the perspective of the citizen, policy relating to the electrical power sector and to the closure of small-scale coal mines. Part Five addresses the international dimensions of China's energy policy, with accounts of both inward and outward investment, and of the international political implications.
London, Kluwer Law International, 2004.
Use the link below to connect directly to the Kluwer Law International website to read more about this publication or to purchase it. Alternatively a copy of the book is also held in CEPMLP Information Service - Location Ref: B 2 AND, LL (PNE GRB RB)
Read the full article/visit the relevant website