Culture, Community and Quality of Life
Dundee regularly appears at the top end of 'Quality of Life' surveys in the UK. Known as Scotland's student city, with the highest proportion of young people in fulltime higher education than any other, Dundee enjoys more hours of sunshine, better air quality and more green spaces than any other Scottish city
The city is also in the process of transforming itself into a citadel of culture and sustainability. As the forefront of the renewables revolution and undertaking an ambitious £1billion Dundee Waterfront regeneration, which includes the V&A at Dundee project, Dundee is building on its stunning location on the banks of the River Tay.
Our location in the city centre offers the best of all worlds - a compact, friendly campus with an unrivalled position in the heart of the city's West End, close to shops, bars, restaurants, with stunning views of the Tay and the north Fife coastline.
Other attractions for students include:
- The University campus being voted the friendliest in Scotland.
- The majority of students living on or near the University campus situated next to Dundee's cultural quarter, with the Dundee Rep theatre, Dundee Contemporary Arts, restaurants, galleries, bars, boutiques and craft shops a 5-minute walk away.
- The diversity of our 18,000-strong student community with 40 per cent coming from beyond Scotland's borders, and representing more than 100 nations.
- Every possible activity being offered through the dozens of clubs, associations and societies at the University and across the city.
- A strong sporting culture with dozens of clubs and exceptional facilities offered by Dundee University Sport, a partnership between Dundee University Sports Union and the Institute of Sport and Exercise (ISE).
- Two professional football clubs in the city.
- Excellent road, rail and air services provide fast and efficient travel throughout the UK - London, Manchester & Belfast are all less than 80 minutes away by air.
- Dundee being within easy reach of three international airports offering regular flights to Europe and North America.